Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bubble meeting.

Off to the school benefit committee meeting this morning. I am one of those in charge of the decor. Nightmare. Event being held in very old house called the Winnetka Women's club. Many restrictions cannot adhere anything to walls, ceiling is very high so cannot hang anything from it, old, restricted and scary (sounds like a lot of the women around here really !). I was INVITED to help out, so decided I would, better than not speaking to anyone for the whole time the kids were at school. There is one other woman also helping with decor "L". L actually runs her own event planning company. We spoke yesterday and will meet in person in an hour. It was very refreshing to speak with her as she (after a few prompts from moi), basically admitted that whatever the benefit needed she could probably do in a few hours, but, she could not stand going to the meetings and listening to all the indecision. Her words were, it would "do her head in".....I was very happy that someone would admit that. We then had a small but meaningful bitch about how much time these women had on their hands and how different life is in the real world (not QUT) - which is OUT of the North Shore bubble ! Will report back later in the day ! Wearing very lary dark grey metallic ankle boots to give me some chutzpah. Also lunch with S the neighbour (she is also the Interior Designer and BFF with owner of house!). Sammy sick with bad cough so I think I will probably be picking him up after lunch and bring him home so he stays warm, sunny but -12 today ! Brrrrrrr. xx

2 comments:

ourlittlelovenest said...

I really like you!! You word things so wonderfully! I am feeling special to be the first to follow here. Hoping Sammy gets better.
Wishing you a ton of chutzpah! (love that word)

Kylie said...

Hey Dee! How did you find us here?

Sarah, I think 12degrees sounds like pure heaven!!! But I still hope Sam is feeling better after a warm afternoon in. How FABULOUS that 'L' is a normal person!!! She sounds great! But you still need to get out there and meet people babe - she has an existing network and can afford to avoid everybody. Talk soon. Love, K xx