Thursday, January 28, 2010

Big girls now...

My babies walked home from school today on their own!!! I was soooo worried! Kevin and I have been having some major over-parenting battles lately. He wants them to learn how to be resourceful, independent beings and... well, of course I do too... but I'm terrified of them crossing James Street at that killer crossing in front of the Queens Arms. Anyway, unbeknowns to me, he arranged with them to walk home and told me that he was meeting them. He rang me just before they got home and told me... which is why I was waiting out the front with a camera! ;) Aren't they big girls now.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I sort of agree with Roy that they should walk by themselves by now, but it's easy to say when they're not your babies. S X

Unknown said...

they will always be your babies... my father still tells me that i should go to bed, do this, do that, all because he worries so much. nothing wromg with over-parenting! what a beautiful girls, the litlle one looks lijke you! xxx

Kylie said...

Thanks guys... Yes, they will always be my babies :) Kx