Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seeing Red

Another blog find but I have to show you - this woman is absolutely hilarious. Blog name She Sees Red by a Lauren Brown who describes herself as an "australian conceptual installation artist, living in melbourne with a cat and a chip on both shoulders" (first laugh of many) and a disclaimer in the sidebar "It's not my fault! The drivel I go on about on this blog has nothing to do with how I am at work or at uni. Then again, you're all adults and you know that already." You reckon? Nope, I'm hoping she's hiding her true self at work and uni ;) Best of all her art is fantastic! Check out her Flickr Photostream here. What do you think? Okay, I know we have very different tastes in contemporary art, BUT her blog is fun. Have a look - it'll make you laugh and we all need to laugh :)

3 comments:

Slowry said...

Looked at her website and saw Melbourne, (well Sorrento/Portsea area) beach ! Nice. she sounds like a very grounded person. I also took the 'what type test'
and I am Marina Script.....but I liked Perpetua Italic Light better, wonder what you have to 'be' to have that one ??!!

POST SOON I am much better. XX S

Kylie said...

It's fun isn't it? I haven't tried out the font test yet... will let you know. Glad to see you back here. I thought you'd decided to go underground for a bit ;) I'm off to buy some green wool for my crocheted hexagons! Looking forward to your post :) Kx

Kylie said...

I missed the bus so I thought I'd do the font test... so cool!! I'm Archer Hairline (calm & controlled with little outburst of emotion!) Actually, I really like this font - it's so fine and kooky... I just wish it was sans serif. I'm going to post about this on 3 sheets later. Have you seen my post about the innovative fabric there? I think you'd like it.
http://kylie-3sheets.blogspot.com/2010/02/inspiration-eunsuk-hur.html
Talk soon!
K xx